One stop, all my posts on plotting works of fiction. Note: these resources are applicable to novel authors, graphic novelists, and script writers!
The 8 C’s of Plotting Long-Form Narratives
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Introduction
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Downloadable Worksheet
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Prologue, Opening, Captivation, Change
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Reaction and Complication
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Preparation and Problems
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: Confrontation, Elation, Collapse, Gloom, Comprehension
- The 8 C’s of Plotting: The Ending
The Three Acts (Plot ✕ Theme)
More Posts about Story Structure
- Telling and Selling Stories the Video Game Way
- The Simplest Story Structure
- WATCH, or: Where to Start and End Your Novel
- QUIZ: How should you start your novel?
- How to Write Scenes (Goals and Conflicts)
- Chapter Outlining like a Pantser
- Crafting Chapter One: Resources for Writers
- Plotting: Relationship Arcs
- Writing Without Words (a review of Invisible Ink)
- Short Fiction vs Novels (and also…SETTING)
Hint: Any time you see the image below, click it to read the most recent posts in the general “Fiction” feed.