Here you’ll find a round up on my posts which focus on querying and pitching. See also “Getting Published” and “Revising” for more posts.
- Formatting Your Manuscript
- Query Tips
- Pitching Tips
- Query Critiques
Formatting Your Manuscript
- The Kinds of Queries that Work, from Query Shark
- Guide to Science Fiction and Fantasy Sub-Genres
- Literary? Mainstream? Commercial? What Genre Is This Anyway?
- Maria Vicente’s 10 Common Querying Mistakes
- Carlisle Webber’s list of 99 problems in her slush pile
- Carly Watters’ 8 Query Tips No One Tells Writers
- Max Wirestone’s Slushproofing Your Query
- Tips and Tricks for Writing Successful Twitter Pitches
- Telling and Selling Stories the Video Game Way (Character + Conflict)