If you’ve finished your manuscript and want one-on-one writing coaching for your query letter, or if just need an extra pair of eyes to proofread your text, learn more about my services and compare prices on my editing website. Or check out my revision and query workshops.
See all posts in the editing category here.
DICTION / VOICE
- Overused Words You Should & Shouldn’t Delete
- When Voice Doesn’t Match (Age Category or Genre)
- The Diction Holy Grail
- Diction: Latinate versus Anglo-Saxon
- Fifteen Blinks: Diction
- Voice: Talk Like a Pirate
- Wednesday on the Web: Link Roundup
REVISING FOR CONTESTS
- Revision Checklist for Writing Contests
- pg70pit—Editing your Excerpt
- 7th on 7th—a series of 4 posts in which I revise other writers’ pages for improved voice.
- 7 Writing Maxims and What to Do with Them
- Using Spreadsheets to Track Your Revision
- Crafting Chapter One: Resources for Writers
- Quick & Easy Guide to Dashes
- Lay vs. Lie
- Is Good Writing Invisible?
- Formatting your Novel Manuscript (3 part series)
- Formatting Graphic Novels
(See also my categories Fiction, Writing, and Query)
Sometimes I live-tweet writing and editing tips. Once upon a time, I compiled that writing advice here on my blog.