THIS IS THE OLD ENTRY FORM FROM 2015. IF YOU ARE VISITING IN A LATER YEAR, CHECK THE MAIN BLOG PAGE FOR THE MOST RECENT ENTRY FORM.
What you need to enter:
- Your e-mail address (this is private and used only to verify entries)
- Your code name (This contest is anonymous—choose something unique and difficult to trace back to you.
This year entrants will chose lines from songs. Up to 7 words)
- Your novel’s intended audience—Middle Grade, Teen, or Adult (Adult is 20+)
- Your novel’s word count, rounded to the nearest thousand
- Your novel’s genre (I have a guide to major genres here and the sub-genres of science fiction and fantasyhere)
- Seven words describing your MC (DO NOT include character’s name)
- Your 70th page (choose either your 69th or 70th page. You may finish sentences, but do not exceed 259 words.)
If the POV character on your 69th-70th page is not your MC, you may include a disclaimer at the beginning of your page.
*This excerpt is in the POV of my MC’s [insert relationship]*
Checklist before you hit “submit”
- Are you entering on the correct day? (If not, you’ll be disqualified)
- Is your code name taken from song lyrics and 7 words or fewer?
- If you are submitting more than one manuscript (one per day max), are you using the same email but different code names?
- Have you checked the word count of your excerpt, and is it fewer than 260 words?
- Have you read all of the rules above?
- Have you double-checked for spelling errors?
- If you have any remaining questions, have you read the comments on previous posts or viewed the #pg70pit hashtag on Twitter?
We know that entering a contest is stressful and exciting, and that adrenaline is racing! You will not be disqualified or judged for minor errors. You will be disqualified or you’ll annoy the judges if you disregard the contest rules.
After you submit your entry, your confirmation will appear on the same page, without formatting. DO NOT RESEND if your excerpt has deleted all spaces—that’s normal! And don’t give away your code name publicly online. The point of pg70pit is anonymity, for the voice to speak on its own.
2 thoughts on “(2015) Submit your MG #pg70pit entry”
Reblogged this on Elle Marr and commented:
#pg70pit is already here! For all you MG entries, the time is now! For everyone else – can’t wait to see what happens in the coming days.. bum bum BUUUUUMMMM
Reblogged this on janetsatterlee and commented:
Get your best creative words together for this contest!